Saturday 28 May 2016

Coconut Rice-Perfect accompaniment to Rajma/Curry





As a foodie I love experimenting and improvising with new combinations of ingredients and recipes.. and traveling to different countries and places has actually helped me  learn new recipes and new techniques.
Its been more than two years in Hyderabad and I truly believe its a foodie's heaven not only because of its rich food heritage but also because of the variety of cuisines and restaurants the city has.
Thanks to my colleagues I get to taste at least one Hyderabad delicacy everyday.
Cooking is all about sharing and learning...so during one of such foodie conversation my colleague shared this recipe with me and I have already made it twice in a week. Very simple yet flavourful is this Coconut Rice. Its a perfect accompaniment to your Rajma/Daal Makhani coz its very mildly spiced and the freshness of coconut goes well with the spicy curry.


Ingredients

1 Cup Cooked Rice
1 tsp Mustard seeds
2-3 Peppercorns
1 Dry Red Chilli
1 Small Onion Chopped
1/2 tsp grated ginger
1/2 tsp chopped garlic
1/4 cup fresh grated coconut
1 Bay leaf
4-5 curry leaves
Salt to taste
1 tbsp. Ghee

Method

In a wok add 1 tbsp. Ghee.Add Bay leaf,curry leaves,dry chilli and mustard seeds.Let it splutter and then add peppercorns,ginger and garlic.Add onions and fry till pink.Add cooked rice and mix it lightly.Season it with salt and add fresh coconut.Cook it for a minte or two and switch off the flame.
Your coconut rice is ready to serve.I had it with Rajma today and it was purely a match made in heaven.

Enjoy !!







No comments:

Post a Comment